Monday, October 30, 2006

Brrrrr....Cold!

Lately I've been bragging a lot. About braving two Chicago winters wearing just one winter jacket, no thermals and travelling all over the city using the CTA over 5 months of brutal sub-zero temperatures, wind-chill factors, lake effect snow storms and so on.
That was in the beginning of 2006. A good year for me. Moved to California, the Sunshine State in July and enjoyed 3 months of gorgeous summer days. Then on Saturday night, DST was put into place. And now I can sleep for an hour longer, but still be at work by 5.30AM. Now it's getting a little chilly, and I realize I have to buy a carpet! Maybe evn a small oscillating room heater. The mosaic floor is too cold to walk on barefoot in the wee hours of the morning. Has California turned me from a wind-chill braving storm trooper into a wussy beach bum?

No comments: